The Giving Tree Dispensary is a leading Arizona Licensed Medical Marijuana Dispensary. We are looking for someone to join our Dispensary Team as a Retail Salesperson (Budtender)! We are a growing cannabis company with many opportunities in a new growing industry. As a Retail Salesperson, you are the face of GTD and are directly helping our medical & recreational marijuana customers. Qualified candidates will possess exemplary customer service and a passion for helping and interacting with customers from all backgrounds, and with various medical conditions. We offer a great work environment and we work hard to become your work-family. Every team member at our work-family counts. We are looking for someone who wants to be part of it This is a demanding position, but one that offers great personal satisfaction and competitive hourly pay. Previous cannabis industry experience is preferred.
We are open 7 days a week so you must be able to work 4 out of 7 days, including weekends and holidays. Work shifts tend to be 12 hours per day. Please provide a cover letter and resume. Prior cannabis experience is preferred.
- Greet customers when entering the dispensary with compassion and professionalism.
- Check medical patients’ state allowance with Arizona Department of Health Services Verification System.
- Accurately enter customer information into our database system.
- Provide exceptional customer service – always going the extra mile.
- Quickly and precisely handle cash and debit transactions while always maintaining a balanced cash drawer.
- Listen with the intent to understand to make cultivar recommendations to our large group of customers based on symptoms/criteria.
- Work with a diverse group of personalities – employees and patients.
- Weigh out flower with precision and accuracy.
- Possess excellent skills in mathematics.
- Make appropriate product recommendations.
- Navigate Windows, and multiple applications quickly, using short-cut keys and expert typing skills.
- Clean, stock, and organize dispensary.
- Conduct nightly inventory counts of all dispensary products.
- Work cohesively as part of family/team environment.
- Work on special projects and assignments designated by management.
- At least 21 years of age, per Arizona law.
- Must pass an extensive fingerprinting background check.
- Must have a high school diploma or G.E.D. AA Degree is preferred.
- One year of restaurant, retail, or service experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills are a must.
- Do others describe you as caring, hardworking, and good with people? Yes? Then apply!
- Clean and organized. Budtenders maintain their work spaces and the retail stores. Our product is medicine — maintaining a clean store is essential.
- Computer skills are a huge advantage. We use computers in everything we do.
- Cash handling experience is helpful.
- Arizona Medical Cannabis patients make great Budtenders, but it’s not required.
- Open to learning new things. From cannabis culture to products, a working knowledge of strains is important. As a retail salesperson (Budtender), you are responsible for guiding each patient to medical relief and each recreational customer to a quality experience, learning how to do this effectively is essential.
- Be physically capable — there are long stretches of working in a fast-paced and front-facing retail store.
- Knowledge of marijuana strains and products.
- Must pass an extensive State of Arizona background check, including criminal history.
- Be genuine, approachable, and friendly!
- Ready to have fun with a group of amazing coworkers and patients.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
- Health benefits after 60 days
- 5 days of PTO at 90 days; 10 days PTO after 1 year
- Matching 401 K and Profit Sharing at 1 year
- 5 Paid Holidays
We also offer extra fun benefits:
- Monthly Lunches
- Team Building Events
- Coffee and Snacks
- Employee Discounts
Love what you do and love what we do. We are looking for someone who wants to join us for the long run and grow with us. We are looking for someone who jumps out of bed to go to work. Someone who is positive and a great team player. Critical thinking is important, someone who follow up and follow through.
Job Type: Full-time
Wage/Salary: $15.00 /hour
Please submit a cover letter with your resume explaining why you would be the best candidate for this position to email@example.com.