The Capsule Technician will be working in the lab on a capsule banding machine. Training will be required to learn how to operate this piece of machinery. This process is labor intensive and requires high attention to detail, and the ability to stand or sit for long periods of time. The movements involved are highly repetitive. This is a full-time position requiring between 30 – 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Hire in rate is $14.00/hr. Experience in the cannabis industry is preferred but not required.
- This machine requires frequent adjustments for proper banding of capsules. Capsules will be hand loaded into capsule slats which are then loaded into the machine for banding
- Capsule technician will be responsible for quality checks after banding to ensure proper sealing, proper maintenance and operations of the banding machine
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision after training. Other duties may arise as needed such as product prep work and packaging.
- Time management; employees must manage their time during work efficiently in order to meet goals while consistently producing quality products.
- Employees must be able to follow basic instructions as well as be able to take constructive criticism from their managers so they can help maintain quality standards and production goals.
- Employees must show up on time for work every day ready to work.
- Employee must exhibit personal hygiene and follow the health guidelines set forth by the company and the state while processing marijuana.
- MUST BE 21 YEARS OF AGE
- Minimum requirement of an associate degree from an accredited college or vocational school
- A familiarity with working in a lab setting is preferred
- Prior work experience in a professional medical/environmental/scientific laboratory performing duties related to this position
- Experience with software applications such as Excel, Word, and LIMS
- Must pass a fingerprint and background check
- Basic understanding of Marijuana laws, rules and regulations set forth by the state; a pursuit to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws is appreciated and commendable.
- Fundamental knowledge of using scales and basic lab equipment
- Skill in analyzing potential problems with a plant or the product being processed; “coded product”.
- Shows self-motivation/innovation and the ability to work well with all members of their staff and the company, as well as with their direct supervisor.
- Ability to listen well and communicate effectively various audiences, especially with the direct supervisors and other co-workers.
- Ability to use initiative and independent judgment appropriately while not overstepping chain of command.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 per hour
COVID-19 considerations: All employees are provided with masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and all areas are sanitized daily.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume explaining why you would be the best candidate for this position to email@example.com.