The Giving Tree Dispensary of Phoenix is an Arizona State Licensed Medical Cannabis Company. We are looking for a passionate, knowledgeable individual to join our Cultivation Team as a Grower. We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
In this role you will be responsible for helping the Grow Department meet the production demand quantity and quality for the company’s wholesale and retail mission, vision, goals, and objectives. You must have a bachelor’s degree in Horticulture or Plant Science and at least 2 years of grow experience.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to be considered for this position.
- Fundamental knowledge, as well as the ability to be taught and guided in areas related to harvesting, drying, trimming and curing.
- Skill in analyzing potential problems with a plant or the product being processed.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment
- Responsible for completing any work assigned to them during their scheduled shift, as well as information sharing:
- Maintain open communication with the management team and other co-workers
- Report employee issues or product situations
- Record accurate information using MJFREEWAY
- Responsible for following all operational guidelines, verbal directives, training information and policies when performing duties.
- Manage plants from vegetative state until harvest.
- Oversee all the tasks in the grow including: cloning, transplanting, feeding plants, defoliation, topping, flushing, foliar and preventative sprays, waste disposal and inventory management.
- Work closely with other grow team members and the Cultivation Manager on daily basis.
- Manage plant scheduling and organization.
- Data tracking of plants
- Execute preventative maintenance and elimination of all types of mold, powdery mildew, spider mites, root aphids, fungus gnats, etc.
- Must have accountability, proactive behavior and strong attention to detail.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of plant diseases, insects and fungi, as well as legal plant treatment options. This must include a keen eye for spotting issues before they become a problem.
- Comply with all HR policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Horticulture or other plant science.
- 2 years of previous grow experience is preferred
- Candidate must be at least 21 years of age
- No felony convictions
- Must be willing to participate in an extensive background check
- Must be trustworthy and hardworking
- Must have reliable transportation
- Excellent time-management skills
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritize
- Physical aptitude and health necessary to perform manual labor tasks required for the proper management of the grow warehouse.
$17.00 – $22.00 per hour
We comply with all CDC Guidelines – wearing masks, hand washing, hand sanitizing, and social distancing.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume explaining why you would be the best candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.