The Giving Tree Dispensary of Phoenix is an Arizona State Licensed Medical Cannabis Company. We are looking for a passionate, knowledgeable individual to join our Lab team as the Formulation Chemist. We offer a great work environment and we work hard to become your work-family. Every team member at our work-family counts. We are looking for someone who wants to be part of it. You must have a “get things done” personality!
Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years as a formulation chemist. The candidate must be able to work as part of a team in a high-volume and rapidly evolving workplace. Experience working in a Cannabis laboratory is a plus, but we will accept candidates with experience using similar technologies in Environmental, Pharmaceutical or Nutraceutical laboratories. The ideal candidate will have a passion for Cannabis, Patient Safety and Accuracy. The candidate must be dependable, punctual and maintain positive attitude even in high stress situations; must be willing to work with medical cannabis and industrial hemp and must pass background check and be willing to obtain medical cannabis card (company paid) until background check and state lab agent cards are available.
Formulate raw materials including thin film and liquid products to meet ingredient standards and deadlines.
Follow industry standards on scientific significance, accuracy, safety and record keeping.
Optimize formulated ingredients to meet cost objectives and to manage availability of raw materials.
Conduct stability testing and record results.
Test substances for composition, properties, structures and reactions.
Prepare research proposals including analytical, technical and financial data for developing and testing new or improved products.
Identify product abnormalities and communicate findings to the Laboratory Manager so that corrective actions may be executed.
Review competitive products and trade publications and prepare reports on comparative tests, raw material information, and educational scopes.
Monitor equipment operations and maintain cleanliness in the laboratory.
1) At least 3 years’ experience as a formulation chemist
2) Responsible for accurate preparation of capsule and breath strip formulations for our Kindred brand.
3) Proficient in simple and serial dilutions is a must
4) Proficient in rectifying concentrations of dosage formulations if they deviate from target dose
5) Understanding of heterogeneous polymerization processes and methods
6) Assisting in cannabis oil refinement and operation of a rotary evaporator
7) Knowledge of laboratory safety and wet chemistry is required
8) Cannabis related experience is not required
9) Workdays will be Monday-Friday
10) College Degree BA/BS is required in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology, Environmental Science.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Depends on experience
We follow all CDC guidelines for safety. Masks, gloves, hand sanitizer, frequent cleaning of work areas.
YOU MUST SUBMIT A COVER LETTER AND RESUME EXPLAINING WHY YOU ARE QUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION.
Please submit a cover letter with your resume explaining why you would be the best candidate for this position to email@example.com.