Cannabis edibles have an unfair reputation for being unpredictable when it comes to the experience they provide. We all know at least one person that has a story to tell about a time when they overdid it with an edible, right? But actually, the issue isn’t with the edibles – it’s the confusion that often surrounds the various doses of cannabis in edibles and how the effects can vary from person to person.
Cannabis-infused edibles such as beverages, gummies, baked goods, and capsules can be an excellent option for adults searching for a convenient way to enjoy cannabis. Ultimately, it all comes down to finding the right product and the right dose to match your ideal experience.
Edibles Dosage Chart: How Strong is Your Cannabis-Infused Edible?
As you probably already know, there’s no single “best dose” of cannabis edibles for everyone. Because everyone experiences cannabis differently, there’s some variation to be expected.
We’ve put together a quick-reference dosage chart that breaks down the typical effects you might expect when enjoying edibles based onTHC per dose and for what type of consumer the dosage might be best suited
Order Cannabis Products Online with Giving Tree Dispensary
If you already have a good idea of the edibles and doses that will serve your needs, then you can easily order your products online. Giving Tree Dispensary offers cannabis for sale online, with quick and convenient pickup at our Phoenix dispensary. With just a few clicks, you can create and submit your order, then pick up your items whenever your schedule allows.
The Right Edible Dose Varies Between Individuals
Each one of us experiences medications, supplements, or substances differently due to our unique internal physiological environments. This means your close friend might recommend a certain dose of edible cannabis, but you might not find it’s right for you.
Several factors can shape the way an edible affects you. These can include your experience with cannabis, the function and sensitivity levels of your body’s endocannabinoid system, gastrointestinal factors, and certain conditions (for example, anxiety). As a result, the ideal amount of cannabis edible is going to vary from person to person.
How Many Mg of Edibles Should You Eat?
Pinpointing the best edible dose requires you to weigh several factors, some of which we’ve noted above. It also depends on the type of experience you want to have.
There are some useful guidelines you can keep in mind when you’re shopping for edibles:
1-2.5mg THC edibles
- Effects can include: Mild reduction of stress and anxiety, as well as relief for mild to moderate pain; an improved sense of focus and creativity
- A good option for first-time consumers and individuals interesting in microdosing cannabis
2.5-15mg THC edibles
- Effects can include: Moderate symptom relief, mental euphoria, potential alteration of your perception, and an effect on your coordination to a small degree
- A good option for recreational consumption, individuals with persistent issues, social cannabis use
30-50mg THC edibles
- Effects can include: Powerful feelings of euphoria, alteration of your perception, and an effect on your coordination; highly sensitive or inexperienced consumers may experience undesirable effects
- A good option for consumers with a high THC tolerance, as well as individuals who have GI symptoms that don’t do well absorbing cannabinoids
50-100mg THC edibles
- Effects can include: Very likely to significantly alter your perception and affect your coordination; may induce undesirable side effects (nausea, pain, rapid heart rate)
- A good option for seasoned consumers with a high THC tolerance, MMJ patients with conditions that benefit from high doses
How Long Does It Take to Feel an Effect from Edibles?
Again, our unique biological makeup means there’s no hard and fast rule for how quickly the effects of an edible set in. One to two hours is a fairly common timeframe, but you’ll need to develop a certain sense of awareness to figure out your “timing.”
Understand the Effects of CBD and THC Content in Edibles
Because CBD can partially impede the intoxicating effects of THC, it can be a good complement for consumers who want to minimize psychoactivity while still exploring potential benefits. For many consumers, a 1:1 balance of CBD and THC delivers a positive experience that enhances the desirable qualities of cannabis while reducing unwanted side effects.
Keep in mind that higher (or lower) ratios of CBD to THC will change your experience.
More Tips for Consuming Cannabis-Infused Edibles
- If you aren’t feeling the effects of an edible after an hour, try eating a small snack to activate digestion.
- If you’re new to cannabis, start with a series of 2-3 low doses before increasing the amount.
- Stay hydrated.
- Make sure you’re in a safe environment.
Tips for Relieving Overconsumption of Edibles
If you’re experiencing cannabis edible overconsumption, a large dose of CBD can be helpful. Another option can be to chew and swallow about a tablespoon of freshly grated lemon zest. Usually, medical care won’t be necessary unless you have a serious preexisting condition.
Edibles Dosage for Recreational & MMJ
Be aware that the dosage for recreational cannabis experiences and targeted medical marijuana purposes can vary. Also, you might find a specific ratio of THC and CBD is a better fit, depending on whether you are considering cannabis for medical or recreational purposes. Our consultants can give you more information based on your specific situation.
Shop Premium Cannabis Edibles in the Valley at Giving Tree Dispensary
Figuring out your ideal dosage is key in crafting an exceptional experience with edibles. Equally important is the quality of the products you choose to enjoy.
At Giving Tree Dispensary, we provide premium cannabis edibles for sale in Phoenix for both adult-use consumers and MMJ patients. We’ve sourced edibles from the top brands in the industry, searching for options that deliver the best in both flavor and cannabis quality. With a selection featuring many different types of cannabis edibles, including options ideal for both daytime and nighttime use, Giving Tree truly has something to suit every lifestyle.
Would you like to learn more about how to dose edibles for an experience that aligns with your wants and needs? Then visit Giving Tree Dispensary to browse our edibles selection and chat with a knowledgeable cannabis consultant today.
Featured Image: By xhico