– Coat your 9×9 inch square pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on both sides.
– Prepare your brownie mix according to the package instructions!
– Bake & let cool completely in the pan
– To make the frosting; Beat the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy
– Add the milk and beat until blended
– Slowly add your powdered sugar and mix until thoroughly combined, then stir in the peppermint extract.
– Spread the peppermint frosting evenly over the brownies, then chill in the freezer for 15-20 minutes!
To make the chocolate topping:
– Place the chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of softened butter in a bowl and microwave in 30 second increments until completely melted.
– Stir until smooth!
– Spread evenly over the cream cheese frosting layer and top with your crushed candy canes