Seasonal Treats To Make Your Holidays Sa-Weet!
Peppermint Bark Brownies
Fudgy chocolate brownies with a holiday twist! Topped with cream cheese frosting, a layer of chocolate and crushed candy canes, the perfect holiday treat to enjoy with the family, or keep to yourself.
– A 9×9 inch baking pan
– Cooking spray
– Parchment paper
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
1 brownie box mix of your choice
Eggs, oil and water as called for on the box of brownie mix
For the peppermint frosting:
– 2 tablespoons of butter, softened
– 2 ounces of cream cheese, softened
– 1 tablespoon of milk or cream
– 1/8 teaspoon of peppermint extract
For the chocolate topping:
– 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
– 1/4 cup of butter
– 3/4 cup of crushed candy canes
– Coat your 9×9 inch square pan with cooking spray and line the bottom with parchment paper, leaving an overhang on both sides.
– Prepare your brownie mix according to the package instructions!
– Bake & let cool completely in the pan
– To make the frosting; Beat the butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy
– Add the milk and beat until blended
– Slowly add your powdered sugar and mix until thoroughly combined, then stir in the peppermint extract.
– Spread the peppermint frosting evenly over the brownies, then chill in the freezer for 15-20 minutes!
To make the chocolate topping:
– Place the chocolate chips and 1/4 cup of softened butter in a bowl and microwave in 30 second increments until completely melted.
– Stir until smooth!
– Spread evenly over the cream cheese frosting layer and top with your crushed candy canes
Voilà! Holiday brownies for you and the family to enjoy!