Giving Tree is proud to announce our StreetlightUSA Fundraiser. StreetLight USA provides crisis intervention, stabilization and 24/7 residential care, through a variety of programs and services tailored to meet the needs of young girls at risk of and victims of child sex trafficking.
Starting January 11 through February 12, stop into the Tree and simply donate $1 to score a raffle ticket. No limit on the number of raffle tickets you can buy. With each raffle ticket purchased you will be entered to win a basket of Giving Tree goodies valued at over $500.
Signs of Human Trafficking
It is sometimes said that human trafficking is an “invisible crime,” because its signs are not always obvious to the untrained eye. However, there are some indicators that may serve as a tip-off, particularly when they appear in combination. Suspect that something is amiss if an individual:
- Lacks control of identification documents or travel documents
- Lives and works in the same place
- Lacks freedom of movement
- Seems to be restricted from socializing, attending religious services or contacting family
- Seems to have been deprived of basic life necessities, such as food, water, sleep or medical care
- Shows signs of having been abused or physically assaulted. Such signs range from the more obvious, such as broken bones, to the more subtle, such as branding or tattooing
- Seems submissive or fearful in the presence of others
- Seems not to control his or her schedule
- Seems to lack concrete short- or long-term plans
- Seems to lack knowledge about the place where he or she lives
- Appears to date much older, abusive or controlling men.
To Report Human Trafficking: Arizona Tip Line, 1-877-4AZ-TIPS